Coming Soon - Download Tool
Coming Soon - Favorites List
Coming Soon - Reference Articles
Coming Soon - Reference Videos
What is WordPress?
If you are a beginner entrepreneur and are not tech savvy, Wordpress.com is a great place to start. Start with something basic for your website, most entrepreneurs don't need more than a landing page with contact information. As you learn more or grow your team, you can always make a more sophisticated webpage and you can convert your wordpress.com sit to a wordpress.org site. Here is an article that explains in detail the difference between the options.
At its core, WordPress is the simplest, most popular way to create your own website or blog. In fact, WordPress powers over 35.2% of all the websites on the Internet. Yes – more than one in four websites that you visit are likely powered by WordPress.
On a slightly more technical level, WordPress is an open-source content management system licensed under GPLv2, which means that anyone can use or modify the WordPress software for free. A content management system is basically a tool that makes it easy to manage important aspects of your website – like content – without needing to know anything about programming.
The end result is that WordPress makes building a website accessible to anyone – even people who aren’t developers. (For More about what kinds of companies are using Wordpress for their websites see the Implementation Article below).
- Wordpress for business is $25/month at wordpress.com or you can create a free account on wordpress.org
- You create your own domain & it is hosted on wordpress.com or you can host it yourself on Wordpress.org
- it creates dynamic websites that work well both for computers and smart phones
- It saves you money from hiring a webpage designer (don't do it until you really need
- You will need to invest some time learning it.
- The free wordpress.com accounts are pretty basic and don't have a ton of features.