Revised November 16, 2022
Now accepting December applications!
Who Does the Grant Help?
The AFWF SBA Grant supports small business owners, and their employees, with funds to offset or cover fees associated with accessibility, connectivity, and mobility, in advancing the business owner’s professional capacity, business awareness, regulatory compliance, or revenue potential.
How May I Use the Funds?
Funds may be used to offset or cover costs associated with eligible business expenses including, but not limited to:
- Chambers of commerce membership or event fees
- Certification for business training courses and related expenses
- Continuing education credits related to the business
- Financial literacy training
- Mentoring fees related to business ownership or operation
- Licensing or permitting fees applicable to the owner’s business
How Much Can I ask For?
Up to $500 total per submission per applicant. Individual businesses, and their assigns, are limited to $2,000 per year from the date of application. Additional award eligibility is not guaranteed.
When Can I Apply?
Rolling application opens October 1, 2022. Applications are due by the 15th of each month for consideration in that monthly cycle. Submissions after the 15th are considered for the next monthly cycle.
Do I Qualify?
- The applicant must be the owner of a small business registered in Texas
- The current primary business location must be within Tarrant County, TX
- The business must be a for-profit business. Non-profits are not eligible at this time
- The business must be less than 5 years old, as of the application date
- Previous calendar years’ gross revenues must be less than $250,000
- Recipient must be the business owner, officer or employee at time of funding
- Preference is given to business owners or employees who reside within, or to businesses located within, designated HUB Zones and Opportunity Zones within Tarrant County
- Preference is given to certified minority-, woman-, or veteran-owned businesses
- Qualified expenses include costs associated with business networking, continuing education, compliance, or startup costs
How Do I Apply?
- To apply for funding, applicants must complete the entry form for the grant program using Accelerate’s online form link. Click Here.
- Applicants will appear before the grant committee in-person, by video conference, or by video recording to submit a 5–10-minute statement of need, as determined by the Grant Committee. Applicants may be able to submit a 500 – 1,000 word written statement in lieu of appearing in person. Contact us for further information.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered on a first come, first served basis, based on need, eligibility, and available grant resources.
- Grant awards will be disbursed by ACH within 10 business days of grant approval. Bank accounts are required. Contact us if you need assistance.
- Awardees must accept the terms of the grant award prior to receiving funding, including use of the business’s name and logo for Accelerate’s marketing purposes, in addition to other requirements.
- Requests submitted for reimbursement of eligible expenses are given priority, and the expense date must be within 90 days of the date of agreement.
- If submitting for payment of future expenses, the applicant must demonstrate a financial constraint and submit additional documentation. Funding for future expenses will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Awardees agree to submit a written or video statement demonstrating the impact of funds within 90 days of funding. Failure to do so will result in disqualification for all future Foundation awards programs.
Now accepting applications for November, 2022. To apply, click here.
For more information, contact:
Accelerate Fort Worth Foundation
C/O Jared Sloane, CEO
1150 S. Freeway, Bldg. 600
Fort Worth, TX 76104